Welcome to Swarcliffe Primary and Nursery School
Welcome to our school website. We are determined to create an inviting environment where all children feel safe, included and keen to learn.
We do this by offering them high quality experiences and opportunities to engage in their own learning. Encouraging them to challenge themselves and develop the skills and attitudes to make them lifelong learners. These skills extend much further than the classroom, including the arts, gardening, sports, music, cooking and much more.
Please look around our curriculum and classes to see the different topics our children explore, the activities they engage in and the skills they practise. Our super heroes encourage and remind our children that learning is not always easy, but can be fun and rewarding if they use their own special powers.
We enjoy celebrating our successes and strive to promote a love and enjoyment of learning. Our weekly special mention assembly celebrates a whole variety of achievements and is open to any parent or carer who wishes to share in this.
Swarcliffe Primary and Nursery school is a true ‘community school’ and as such takes part and hosts a whole range of events and activities. Our website contains lots of information and links, if there is something you can not find please ring or email the office with your enquiry. If you are wanting to enrol your child in school, please contact the office to arrange a visit. We would love to show off everything we have to offer and all the things we are proud of!
At Swarcliffe Primary and Nursery School we are determined to create an inclusive culture of learning where all children are challenged in their thinking, to achieve to the best of their abilities and strive to become lifelong learners.
We will empower our children to overcome barriers to learning and to develop a resilience to help them succeed in the wider world later in life. We celebrate our successes and strive to promote a love and enjoyment of learning, enabling all our children to become respected citizens who can make valuable contributions locally, globally and to contribute to our world’s sustainable future.
As a school we aim to ensure that each child:
- Develops high self esteem, confidence and a true feeling of self-worth and develops a sense of responsibility.
- Is valued for their individual contributions and develops a positive attitude towards everyone in the life of the school and community.
- Will be enriched, motivated and challenged by a broad and balanced curriculum and will be valued for all their efforts and achievements.
- Is able to respond positively as a learner to all aspects of English, Maths, ICT and science and performs at a level of competency in all areas with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Develops a lively, enquiring mind and life skills so that he/she will have the ability to experiment, investigate, take risks, challenge, discriminate and make informed choices both at school and in the rest of their life.
- Develops the skills and attitudes necessary to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Will be given equal opportunities to participate in all aspects of school life.
- Acquires a set of moral values and attitudes including honesty, respect, sincerity, trust and personal responsibility.
- Develops an understanding of citizenship and their role in the community.
- Develops an understanding and respect for other races, cultures, gender, people with disabilities, religions and associated points of view.
- Appreciates the spiritual nature of life.
We believe our aims provide the basis for the delivery of a dynamic curriculum, the provision of a stimulating and creative learning environment and a foundation which will prepare every child for the changing nature of society.